The Vira Bali Boutique Hotel & Suite News
What’s on in Bali
Bali island is well known for its unique and uncomparable culture tradition from its ancient days. From annual Bali Art festival, Bali Mekepung in Jembrana, Pandan War in Tenganan,, Kite Festival, Omed-Omedan or Kissing festival, Ngaben cremation ceremony to the world most famous Ogoh-Ogoh parade to welcome mystical of NYEPI Day.
Counting the days for the NEW LOBBY!OCT 1ST-31TH, 2017
Dear Our Beloved Guest :)
Warmest Greetings from THE VIRA BALI BOUTIQUE HOTEL & SUITE!
Keeping in line with our constant efforts to maintain the quality of our hotel at its highest standard of facilities, we are conducting a beautifying work project at our lobby area part by part. The temporal lobby has been set beautifully aside near the restaurant and has a good access to elevator and the room.
This exciting works start from October 01st to 31th 2017 from 08:00 hours to 18:30 hours.There will be slight inconvenience may caused during the above hours and every effort is made to expedite the work and minimize any inconvenience to you.
These changes will ultimately increase our comfort and enjoyment on your future visit.
We seek for your kind understanding and thank you for your valuable cooperation.
THE VIRA BALI BOUTIQUE HOTEL TEAM
Traditional Kite Festival in BaliJULY - OCTOBER 2017 (vary dates)
Unlimited creativity is a reflection of the younger generation who are expected to do sustainably. One of their arts works in the form of kites and to accommodate their talents. Don’t miss the schedule below: (the date may change according to the weather conditions)
- Pitik Kite Festival on 1-2 July 2017 at Pedungan, Denpasar
- Bali Kite Festival on 7-9 July 2017 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Dangin Peken Dhananjaya Cup Kite Festival on 22-23 July 2017 at Mertasari Beach, Sanur
- Belega Kite Competition on 18-20 September 2017 at Belega, Gianyar
- Pelangi Gianyar Kite Competition on 31 July - 2 August 2017 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Sanur Kite Competition (Sanur Village Festival) on 3-6 August 2017 at Mertasari Beach, Sanur
- Denpasar Kite Competition on 7-9 August 2017 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Biaung Kite Competition on 12-13 or 14-15 August 2017 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Banjar Banjaran Kite Competition on 17 August 2017 at Abiansemal, Badung
- Klungkung Kite Competition on 17 August 2017 at Klungkung
- Pelangi Denpasar Kite Competition on 19-20 August 2017 at Denpasar
- Tanjung Kite Competition on 21-23 or 26-27 August 2017 at Sanur
- Pelangi Badung Kite Competition on 2-3 September 2017 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Penatih Kite Competition on 4-6 September 2017 at Penatih, Denpasar
- Pelangi Tabanan Kite Competition on 9-10 or 18-20 September 2017 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Peliatan Kite Competition on 9-10 September 2017 at Peliatan, Ubud
- Ungasan Kite Competition on 11-13 September 2017 at Ungasan, Bukit Peninsula
- Namaste Kite Club Kite Competition on 16-17 September 2017 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Ganeca Kite Competition on 23-24 September 2017 at Tabanan
- Bekul Kite Competition on 30 September - 1 October or 2-4 October 2017 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Rockiller Kite Festival on 7-8 October 2017 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- LPM Kuta Kite Competition on 14-15 October 2017 at Kuta
- Kukuh Kite Competition on 16-18 October 2017 at Marga, Tabanan
- Batuyang Kite Competition on 21-22 October 2017 at UbudBali International Kite Festival 2017 on 23-25 or 28-29 October 2017 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
Makepung "Buffalo Races"JULY - NOVEMBER, 2017 (vary dates)
Makepung is a traditional buffalo race which is one of the cultural heritages of Jembrana Regency. Makepung is derived from the word “kepung” which means ‘chase’. Nowadays, It has become one of the most interesting and viewed attraction for local tourist as well as foreigners. It also become an annual agenda in Bali. In this event, the participants compete to race for goals using a cart tied up to the bull which is controlled by a jockey. This ancient competitive race takes place on a race track about 800 meters long situated outside Negara, the capital city of Jembrana. The dates for each year’s event are varied. However, a rough estimate is held few times from July to November at the various circuit locations. All usually take place over the weekends on a Sunday morning
Bali International TriathlonOCT 15TH, 2017
Bali International Triathlon is back on 5 October 2017 that sponsored by Herbalife Indonesia which is part of the world nutrition organization. The Annual 10th Bali International Triathlon has 3 categories namely, Olympic Distance Event; 1.5 km swim, 40 km bike race, and 10 km road race, Sprint Distance; 0.5 km swim, 20 km bike rice, and 5 km road race, and 5 km fun run. The race will start from Sanur to Gianyar. With the motto of Swim Hard, Hard Run, Hard Cycle and Play Hard, it is expected that more than 2000 athletes of all ages can participate in this event from Indonesia and 29 other foreign countries that will travel to Bali.
Ubud Writers & Readers FestivalOCT 25TH-29TH, 2017
Ubud Writers & Readers Festival is a festival organized by Yayasan Mudra Swari Saraswati as a forum for discussion of their inspiration and ideas between authors, thinkers and performers The festival will be held for 5 days starting from 25-29 October 2017 with some kind of activities.
Hari Penampahan GalunganOCT 31TH, 2017
Penampahan Galungan is a ritual celebrated on the day before Galungan and it aims to remind Balinese people to distinguish good and bad so they can avoid bad attitude called ‘Adharma’. Penampahan Galungan is marked by slaughtering a pig as a symbol eliminates bad human’s behavior such as greedy or quarrelsome to become a better person on Galungan Day
Hari Raya Galungan - Victory of Dharma againts AdharmaNOV 1ST, 2017
The Meaning of Galungan is uniting spiritual strength in order to get an illuminated and established mind. The union of the spiritual and illuminated mind is a form of dharma inside human being. While all that clutter or disrupt your mind is form of adharma. So the Galungan is to celebrate the victory of dharma against adharma. Galungan is celebrated every 210 days or 6 months. On this day, people held worship as a form of gratitude in each house of family and the temple as symbolism of the victory of dharma.
Hari Umanis GalunganNOV 2ND, 2017
Hari Umanis Galungan is celebrated one day after Galungan by visiting relatives or family to share joy and remind each other to continue implementing the teachings of Dharma while some others celebrate this day by visiting the recreation area with family.