The Vira Bali Boutique Hotel & Suite News
What’s on in Bali
Bali island is well known for its unique and uncomparable culture tradition from its ancient days. From annual Bali Art festival, Bali Mekepung in Jembrana, Pandan War in Tenganan,, Kite Festival, Omed-Omedan or Kissing festival, Ngaben cremation ceremony to the world most famous Ogoh-Ogoh parade to welcome mystical of NYEPI Day.
Traditional Kite Festival in BaliJULY - OCTOBER 2018 (vary dates)
Unlimited creativity is a reflection of the younger generation who are expected to do sustainably. One of their arts works in the form of kites and to accommodate their talents. Don’t miss the schedule below: (the date may change according to the weather conditions).
- Pitik Kite Festival, 1-2 July 2018 at Pedungan, Denpasar
- Bali Kite Festival, 3-5 July 2018 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Dangin Peken Dhananjaya Cup Kite Festival, 22-23 July 2018 at Mertasari Beach
- Sanur Belega Kite Competition, 18-20 September 2018 at Belega, Gianyar
- Pelangi Gianyar Kite Competition, 31 July - 2 August 2018 (tentive) at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Sanur Kite Competition, 3-6 August 2018 at Mertasari Beach, Sanur
- Denpasar Kite Competition, 7-9 August 2018 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Biaung Kite Competition, 12-13 August 2018 (tentative) at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Banjar Banjaran Kite Competition, 17 August 2018 at Abiansemal, Badung
- Klungkung Kite Competition, 17 August 2018 at Klungkung
- Pelangi Denpasar Kite Competition, 19-20 August 2018 at Denpasar
- Tanjung Kite Competition, 21-23 August 2018 (tentative) at Sanur
- Pelangi Badung Kite Competition, 2-3 September 2018 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Penatih Kite Competition, 4-6 September 2018 at Penatih, Denpasar
- Pelangi Tabanan Kite Competition, 9-10 September 2018 (tentative) at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Peliatan Kite Competition, 9-10 September 2018 at Peliatan, Ubud
- Ungasan Kite Competition, 11-13 September 2018 at Ungasan, Bukit Peninsula
- Namaste Kite Club Kite Competition, 16-17 September 2018 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Ganeca Kite Competition, 23-24 September 2018, Tabanan
- Bekul Kite Competition, 30 September - 1 October 2018 (tentative) at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Rockiller Kite Festival, 7-8 October 2018 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- LPM Kuta Kite Competition, 14-15 October 2018 at Kuta
- Kukuh Kite Competition, 16-18 October 2018 at Marga, Tabanan
- Batuyang Kite Competition, 21-22 Octobe 2018 at Ubud
- Bali International Kite Festival, 23-25 October 2018 (tentative) at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
Read more at: http://www.bali-indonesia.com/magazine/bali-kites-festival.htm?cid=ch:OTH:001
Tumpek Uduh - Gratitude to Lord of All Foods and PlantsDECEMBER, 1 2018
The universe has a great power that must be used properly and wisely. One of the strengths is the variety of plants that can be easily seen around us. They would benefit us if we treat them well and vice versa.
Bali is a world tourism destination which has its own appeal of natural beauty and the Balinese people present their gratitude for the beauty of nature by celebrating Tumpek Uduh. Tumpek Uduh also known as Tumpek Wariga or Tumpek Pengatag which is celebrated every 6 months in the Saniscara (Saturday) Kliwon, wuku Wariga, exactly 25 days before Galungan. This ceremony is held to every plantation and farm throughout the island as devotion to Sanghyang Sangkara, Lord of all food – plants.
Hari Penampahan GalunganDECEMBER 25, 2018
Penampahan Galungan is a ritual celebrated on the day before Galungan and it aims to remind Balinese people to distinguish good and bad so they can avoid bad attitude called ‘Adharma’. Penampahan Galungan is marked by slaughtering a pig as a symbol eliminates bad human’s behavior such as greedy or quarrelsome to become a better person on Galungan Day
Hari Raya Galungan - Victory of Dharma againts AdharmaDECEMBER 26, 2018
The Meaning of Galungan is uniting spiritual strength in order to get an illuminated and established mind. The union of the spiritual and illuminated mind is a form of dharma inside human being. While all that clutter or disrupt your mind is form of adharma. So the Galungan is to celebrate the victory of dharma against adharma. Galungan is celebrated every 210 days or 6 months. On this day, people held worship as a form of gratitude in each house of family and the temple as symbolism of the victory of dharma.
Hari Umanis GalunganDECEMBER 27, 2018
Hari Umanis Galungan is celebrated one day after Galungan by visiting relatives or family to share joy and remind each other to continue implementing the teachings of Dharma while some others celebrate this day by visiting the recreation area with family.
Makepung "Buffalo Races"JULY - NOVEMBER, 2018 (vary dates)
Makepung is a traditional buffalo race which is one of the cultural heritages of Jembrana Regency. Makepung is derived from the word “kepung” which means ‘chase’. Nowadays, It has become one of the most interesting and viewed attraction for local tourist as well as foreigners. It also become an annual agenda in Bali. In this event, the participants compete to race for goals using a cart tied up to the bull which is controlled by a jockey. This ancient competitive race takes place on a race track about 800 meters long situated outside Negara, the capital city of Jembrana. The dates for each year’s event are varied. However, a rough estimate is held few times from July to November at the various circuit locations. All usually take place over the weekends on a Sunday morning