The Vira Bali Hotel News
What’s on in Bali
Bali island is well known for its unique and uncomparable culture tradition from its ancient days. From annual Bali Art festival, Bali Mekepung in Jembrana, Pandan War in Tenganan,, Kite Festival, Omed-Omedan or Kissing festival, Ngaben cremation ceremony to the world most famous Ogoh-Ogoh parade to welcome mystical of NYEPI Day.
Traditional Kite Festival in BaliJULY - OCTOBER 2017 (vary dates)
Unlimited creativity is a reflection of the younger generation who are expected to do sustainably. One of their arts works in the form of kites and to accommodate their talents. Don’t miss the schedule below: (the date may change according to the weather conditions)
- Pitik Kite Festival on 1-2 July 2017 at Pedungan, Denpasar
- Bali Kite Festival on 7-9 July 2017 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Dangin Peken Dhananjaya Cup Kite Festival on 22-23 July 2017 at Mertasari Beach, Sanur
- Belega Kite Competition on 18-20 September 2017 at Belega, Gianyar
- Pelangi Gianyar Kite Competition on 31 July - 2 August 2017 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Sanur Kite Competition (Sanur Village Festival) on 3-6 August 2017 at Mertasari Beach, Sanur
- Denpasar Kite Competition on 7-9 August 2017 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Biaung Kite Competition on 12-13 or 14-15 August 2017 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Banjar Banjaran Kite Competition on 17 August 2017 at Abiansemal, Badung
- Klungkung Kite Competition on 17 August 2017 at Klungkung
- Pelangi Denpasar Kite Competition on 19-20 August 2017 at Denpasar
- Tanjung Kite Competition on 21-23 or 26-27 August 2017 at Sanur
- Pelangi Badung Kite Competition on 2-3 September 2017 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Penatih Kite Competition on 4-6 September 2017 at Penatih, Denpasar
- Pelangi Tabanan Kite Competition on 9-10 or 18-20 September 2017 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Peliatan Kite Competition on 9-10 September 2017 at Peliatan, Ubud
- Ungasan Kite Competition on 11-13 September 2017 at Ungasan, Bukit Peninsula
- Namaste Kite Club Kite Competition on 16-17 September 2017 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Ganeca Kite Competition on 23-24 September 2017 at Tabanan
- Bekul Kite Competition on 30 September - 1 October or 2-4 October 2017 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Rockiller Kite Festival on 7-8 October 2017 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- LPM Kuta Kite Competition on 14-15 October 2017 at Kuta
- Kukuh Kite Competition on 16-18 October 2017 at Marga, Tabanan
- Batuyang Kite Competition on 21-22 October 2017 at UbudBali International Kite Festival 2017 on 23-25 or 28-29 October 2017 at Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
Makepung "Buffalo Races"JULY - NOVEMBER, 2017 (vary dates)
Makepung is a traditional buffalo race which is one of the cultural heritages of Jembrana Regency. Makepung is derived from the word “kepung” which means ‘chase’. Nowadays, It has become one of the most interesting and viewed attraction for local tourist as well as foreigners. It also become an annual agenda in Bali. In this event, the participants compete to race for goals using a cart tied up to the bull which is controlled by a jockey. This ancient competitive race takes place on a race track about 800 meters long situated outside Negara, the capital city of Jembrana. The dates for each year’s event are varied. However, a rough estimate is held few times from July to November at the various circuit locations. All usually take place over the weekends on a Sunday morning
Welcoming August with the Biggest Summer Festival in BaliAUGUST, 3rd-6th 2017
Summer, it is good to know that you are back! Your summer in Bali can’t be wrong. The Biggest Summer Festival in Bali is back. The 10th Annual Legian Beach Festival will be held stretched along Legian beachfront and will be enlivened by various exciting activities with a blend in cultural integrity and authenticity of Bali.
Sanur Village Festival is back!AUGUST, 9th - 13th 2017
Sanur Village Festival is back on 09-13 August 2017 with the theme of Bhineka Tunggal Ika – The New Spirit of Heritage which will be held at Maisonette Area Inna Grand Bali Beach. Discover the fusion of music, food, and culture in it. Be a witness of the festivities of the Sanur Village Festival!
Hari Raya SaraswatiAUGUST, 19th 2017
Hari Raya Saraswati is celebrated every six months. Hindu citizen believe on this day be the born day of knowledge and literature. As gratitude to Goddess Saraswati who is believed to be a goddess who bestow of knowledge and literature, Hindu citizen held a ritual by collecting and perform a ceremony to all books, lontar, and all related to knowledge and literature.
Hari Raya PagerwesiAUGUST, 23rd 2017
Pagerwesi comes from two words namely pager which means fence or protection and wesi which means iron. So Fence of Iron means an attitude of firmness of faith and science possessed by human. Therefore, science that is based on the teachings of good will provide illumination for human life. On the Day of Pagerwesi, Hindus citizen held ritual as gratitude to the Hyang Pramesti Guru, God as the universe teacher of the world's prosperity with all its contents and the tranquility of the lives of all beings.
Maybank Bali Marathon 2017AUGUST, 27th 2017
Maybank Bali Marathon 2017 is the 6th annual road race that will be held in Gianyar, Bali. The runners will get unique experience of Balinese natural life and traditional art performance as the race will be combined of flat road and rolling hills. This event will be held on 27 August 2017 with category of full marathon, half marathon, and 10K Children’s Sprint.